DIANA DÍAZ, MA.
Instructor for German and Composition
- MA T.I.L. (Teaching International Languages)
- Graduate level TESOL Certificate
Teaching College Level Writing
BA Linguistics Business Administration minor
- Language Acquisition and Multilingualism
- Second Language Phonetics and Phonology
- Speech Perception
- Phonological Change and Variation
- Psycholinguistic Aspects of SLA and Bilingualism
- Bilingual Grammatical Competence
- Ultimate Attainment and Near Nativeness
- Foreign Accent
- Third Language Acquisition of Phonology
- Cognitive Aspects of Multilingualism
Staatlich geprüfter Übersetzer (Deutsch-Englisch)
I am currently an instructor for German and Composition at Arkansas State University Campus Queretaro. Before coming to Mexico, I worked as an instructor of English in the IAA (Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik) at the University of Hamburg, Germany. At the UHH I taught Introduction to English Language Studies, Text and Response, Text Production, Phonetics and Pronunciation, and Graduate Level Composition for Linguistics. Prior to that, I taught Freshmen English for EOP and international students at the University of Chico, CA in the United States of America, where I was a graduate student. I did my undergraduate studies in Linguistics and Business Administration at CSU, Chico and at the University of Würzburg, Germany.
Aside from teaching, I have worked as interim coordinator and pedagogical supervisor at an at-risk youth center in Ochsenfurt, Germany and as an officially certified translator for German and English. I grew up in the Bay Area, near Oakland but am a native of Germany.