SCOTT SMITH, MA, MTESOL.
Professor of English Composition
- • MA, TESOL, Southeast Missouri State University
- • MA, English, Southeast Missouri State University
- • BA, General Studies, Southeast Missouri State University
- • English Composition
- • Research Writing
- • ESL Writing and Grammar
- • Intercultural Rhetoric
- • ESL Teaching Methods
- • Experimental Poetry
- • Creative Writing (Poetry)
- • TESOL International Organization
- • National Council of Teachers of English
Before coming to teach Composition at ASUCQ, Smith spent three years teaching First-Year College Composition at Southeast Missouri State University and two years teaching ESL writing and grammar in that institution’s Intensive English Program. In addition to his more recent focus on Composition and second-language writing, he has a long-held passion for English and American literature and has been a practicing poet for many years.
When he is not engaged in teaching, research, or creative writing, he enjoys poetry, film, music, and collecting vinyl records.