JOHN MIKOLAJCIK, MA.
Instructor of Oral Communication
- MA, Communication and Rhetoric, Valdosta State University
- BA, Speech and Communication, Kansas Wesleyan University
- BA, Sociology, Kansas Wesleyan University
- Public Speaking
- Argumentation and Debate
- Interpersonal Communication
- Oral Interpretation of Literature
- Competitive Debate and Forensics
- Culture Jamming and Discursive Democracy
- Rhetoric and Persuasion
- Jimmy Carter
- National Eagle Scout Honor Society
- National Communication Association
- Southern State Communication Association
- Phi Rho Pi
- Pi Kappa Delta
Prior to becoming an Instructor of Oral Communication at Arkansas State University Campus Queretaro, Mikolajcik worked for AT&T creating small business solutions in West Texas. He has also served as the Director of Forensics for several institutions from 2013 – 2017. During that time, he coached several teams to national runner up positions in overall sweepstakes at Pi Kappa Delta and IPDA national tournaments. He has published more than 15 articles and conference papers on topics such as Whiteness in Individual Events, Speech and Debate, Listening, and Exclusionary Rhetoric. In 2012 he was recognized by the Valdosta State University for the top Graduate Research Paper submitted to the Graduate Review Board.
He is married to Johnnie Wilkinson-Mikolajcik, with two wonderful fur-babies. In his spare time, he is a virtue sponsored Athlete who plays in the Mexican X-Ball league, reads, listens to music, and enjoys finding good eats and good live music.