Assistant Professor of Accounting
- PhD, International Business with Specialization in Accounting, University of Texas at El Paso
- MS of Accounting, California State University, at Fullerton.
- MBA. Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico.
- BS, Accounting, Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Advance Accounting
- International Accounting
- Accounting for Financial Instruments
- Beta Gama Sigma Honors society
- Phi Beta Delta Honor society for International Scholars
- Graduate with honor from ITAM in its MBA program in 1994.
- Outstanding Student Award from California State University, Fullerton in 2002.
- “Excellence in Academic Award” from ITAM as one of the top ten professors in the MBA program for eight years including a perfect evaluation of 5out of 5
Dr. Villanueva was born in Mexico City where he got his bachelor degree in accounting and an MBA at the Instituto Tecnologico Autnonomo de Mexico; he graduated with honors. Later, he got his Master in Science in Accounting from California State University where he was recognized with the Outstanding Graduate Student Award. More recently, he got his PhD in Accounting from University of Texas.
During his professional career, Dr. Villanueva collaborated in different institutions such as banks, manufacturing and software developer companies, as well as one of the large accounting firms. On these years, he held different positions as controller, treasurer and VP of Finance.
His academic career includes more than twenty years of teaching experience in universities in Mexico, United States, and Spain. He is currently a professor at ICADE where he teaches different basic and advanced accounting classes. Dr. Villanueva’s research activities has leaded him to present in different international conferences and published articles and book, mainly in accounting. His current interest is in Behavioral Finance where he is dedicating his efforts to understand and develop a model explaining investors’ decisions.